background

Friday, July 31, 2015

Don’t make me go…Big Sand Week 2~2015

I love a clean, sand-less floor and my own bed, but not enough to say I am ready to go home.  As we anticipate a year with many changes and adjustments for our family, we are hanging on tightly to this place where things are the same, safe, and everything seems right.  If we go home, we have to face reality.  We have to start checking emails and schedules.  We have to shop for school supplies and cook and clean and set and alarm and be productive!  Please don’t make me goooooo…

DSC_0323

Amirah wanted to participate in the jumping that took place all week off the white dock.  She got up the courage to swim out by herself, but couldn’t bring herself to jump off, so she opted for the bottom step. DSC_0328

We took a boating break, so the kids could enjoy Shirley Temples on the beach. 

DSC_0334DSC_0339

I got to spend one evening golfing with my buddy.  I rode shot-gun and was a terrible caddy.  I provided bug spray and lots of conversation, but that is about it.  I recommended he use his irons for the entire round, and he thought it was terrible advise.  I used to work for me?!?!  It was a fun night spending one-on-one time with a kid whom my heart loves dearly.  

DSC_0342DSC_0344DSC_0348

This kid learned to clean fish this week.  Grandpa B took Nicolas and Cade down to the fish house one day last week and gave them a lesson.  Bryan had him clean a few fish this week as well.  I think I can see a “You catch ‘em, you clean ‘em” rule coming soon. 

DSC_0350

Miah and Chloe organized a pickle ball tournament that we played on Wednesday night.  Willow and Bryan were the team to beat.  I think they ended up undefeated, but I think Carol and I would have given them a run for their money…or not.  Hard to imagine from this family, but the games were all very completive, but so much fun!

DSC_0353

DSC_0361

Someone was more interested in playing basketball than playing pickle ball!  DSC_0359

Grandpa Will was the official line judge.  He missed a few call because he was on his phone, but for the most part he did an okay job. 

DSC_0360

Romee and Emmy took their job as ball runners very seriously.  Romee would even come out on the court and signal for time-out when someone was tying their shoe.  It was pretty cute. 

DSC_0364

Thursday morning I decided to put my fishing license to good use.  Cade set his alarm for 6 o’clock and woke Bryan and I both up.  We told him to re-set it for 7:00 and we would go out then.  We left the dock at 7:25 fished for an hour and 15 minutes.  We let two fish go, and cleaned nine…not bad for 75 minutes of fishing.   

DSC_0377DSC_0386DSC_0388DSC_0393DSC_0395DSC_0405DSC_0417DSC_0426

2 comments:

Heather said...

It was so fun to tag along on your lake vacation. :) I was a boss at pickleball in high school and college (sadly, that's the only physical activity where I can toot my own horn). Maybe we should start a league!

Becca said...

Heather Van Es!!!! I SO want to be your partner! We could talk some serious "Franken" trash and maybe win a few games while we are at it. I hear they have a pickle ball league already in Sioux Center! Who knew?