background

Monday, July 27, 2015

Last of Week 1- Big Sand 2015

Week 2 is well on it’s way, but I wanted to add a few more pictures of week 1 before starting on week 2.  As I went through pictures trying to decide which to include, I was reminded again of what a gift God has provided in putting us in families.  These kids laughed together all week and then wept with each other when having to say their goodbyes.  As the years draw on, our families grow busier, our distance has grown further, but the week at Big Sand proved their bond is even closer. 

Yeah, these girls are related.  I have never noticed how much these two look alike until going through pictures from our week at the lake. 

DSC_0210

These pictures make me laugh.  Seth was all business, but Reece and Romee were anything but!  He kept looking at them like, “I don’t think that is a good idea.” 

DSC_0216DSC_0220DSC_0223

Cade and Nicolas took Finn and Amirah on a paddle board ride one afternoon. 

DSC_0229

Nicolas and Cade decided to get in one last fishing excursion on Friday afternoon.  It ended in typical Cade and Nicolas fashion.  Nicolas dropped the net in the lake and it sunk straight to the bottom.  Some of the adults saw the commotion from the shore.  Russ grabbed a pair of goggles and swam the 300 feet from shore and went diving for the net.  The crystal clear lake water made the 10 feet dive possible.  Nice work Russell!

DSC_0242

Uncle Mike and these two boys have a special bond…maybe more so than Uncle Mike wishes!  Mike treats us all to pizza from Zorbaz’s on Friday night and they went along to pick it up.  Between the two of them, they put away 12 pieces of pizza.  They were grateful for Mike’s night of “cooking”. 

DSC_0246

I have no words for this picture.  None. 

DSC_0248

Oh my goodness, we love these little boys!  Dave and Nikki went home sleep deprived, but we had so much fun having them around.  They were kind of the hit.   

IMG_1417[1]IMG_1414[1]

IMG_1426[1]

IMG_1445[1]

I am always tempted to post 100 beautiful lake photos, but I will refrain.  However, I couldn’t resist this one.  It is one of my all time favorites.  God is an amazing artist!  His works are wonderful, I know that full well. 

IMG_1441[1]

No comments: