background

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Adios Las Vegas

It’s time to pack up my fancy room, with it’s automatic drapes, and it’s snack bar I can’t afford, and it’s bathroom I wish I had, and it’s view that is only fun to look at.  It’s time to get on a plane and land in a place where the air is clean, where stillness can be found, and things just seem to make sense.  It is time to find the little people I love and kiss their soft cheeks and hug their skinny little bodies.  Adios Vegas.  It’s been fun, but you’ve got nothing on small town Iowa. 

PicMonkey Collageroom 

While we were here, Calix (the user group who is hosting the conference) has treated us well.  We have been blessed with free dinner, drinks, and many wonderful amenities our entire stay.  Last night we had another appreciation dinners at one of the clubs in the hotel.  I took a couple of pictures of our plates after returning from the serving lines.  The risotto bar was my favorite!  The lobster and rosemary risotto was the best.  Another favorite was the beef brisket and corn bread pudding.  Bryan thought that sea bass and roasted potatoes were his favorite.  

PicMonkey Collagelv food

After dinner we attended a Big and Rich concert.  Sorry all you country fans, but it was mediocre at best.  I’ll take Hootie and Blowfish, thank you.

DSC_1040  

DSC_1044

After the concert we took a couple pictures and changed our clothes and went for a walk.  The weather has been beautiful, so the evening are perfect for walking.  We went to the Bellagio and watched the light/waterfall show.  It was more impressive than I was expecting and could have watched it again.  We ended the evening at our hotel with a scoop of coffee chocolate chip gelato.  A perfect end to a fun day. 

No comments: