Yesterday I was laying by a pool, basking in the warm Nevada sun. Less than 24 hours later, I am hardly basking. Today I am sorting through baskets of laundry, suitcases full of clothes, and counter tops covered in papers and mail. That’s okay with me, though. This is what I know. It’s where I thrive and it’s what I love. Amidst all the laundry, sorting, and unpacking I have been gifted with a random hug or kiss. I also snuggled on the coach with two little girls and a stack of children’s books. I was even privileged enough to take in two full episodes of The Bernstein Bears. No, today was not a day for basking in the sunshine, but it was a day to bask in God’s faithful provisions for us as a family, as we traveled and spent days apart.
It’s so good to be home together. There really is no place like home!
No comments:
Post a Comment