I am going to try this. Each Monday I am going to try and share some random happening, thoughts, events that are happing in the Bleeker household. There are often things that I think would be fun for our kids to have as part of their family journal, but maybe don’t deserve an entire blog post of it’s own. So, I thought I would give this a try each week, but don’t be shocked and surprised if this is the last one. I knew you wouldn’t.
* I watched a total of 5 minutes of the entire Super Bowl. And believe it or not, it was the last 5 minutes. I really don’t know why anyone would have bothered watching the whole things. We watched at my mom and dad’s house. My mom made us a spread. A spread people! I’m talking chicken wings, layered taco dip, shrimp cocktail, artichoke spinach bread, lil’smokies in bbq pineapple sauce, Frito chips covered in peanut butter and chocolate drizzle. My contribution of a hot pizza dip with crostini looked pretty pathetic.
* Caden and Miah both had tournaments this weekend. We divided and conquered. Cade was playing basketball in Dakota Valley and Miah was playing volleyball in Orange City. I took the little girls with me. They choose the volleyball tourney because it was only 10 minutes away and I left the house latest…meaning they got to sleep longer. They both won their tourney’s and both played really well. Bryan and I texted each other updates all day and were so glad to both arrive home about the same time…just before the weather really took a turn. We started a fire and ordered two large pizza’s and one medium pizza. We ate almost every single slice. Our kids are really starting to eat a lot. A lot!
* I have a renewed love with fresh lemon in my water. When I was pregnant I always craved ice cold water with a slice of lemon in it. I haven’t craved it for almost 5 years (insert sad face). I decided to just start drinking it again even though I am not craving it, and see if my body remembered that it liked it. I made a trip to the store today for a single lemon…craving is back!
* We are finally…FINALLY working on finishing up our laundry room project. This is two years in the making. I made a shelf for the room on Friday and Bryan hung it for me on Saturday evening. I am hoping that it will be completely finished by the end of the week.
* Amirah is funny. Funny I tell you. She had me laughing so many times this weekend. Today I got to spend the whole day with her because TK was called off with the late start this morning. I am going to miss her so much next year. So much so, that my heart aches thinking about it. She beat me in Uno four times today. After each win, she pretended to shoot a bow and arrow into the sky and then would say, “Got It” and then give me a little wink and head nod. I followed it up with a talk about being a gracious winner each time. I have my work cut out for me with that one.
* Cade is growing like a weed. I measured him this weekend and he is between 5’9 and 5’10. In September he was an inch shorter than me…I am 5’8. You do the math. I also bought him new shoes a few weeks ago in a size 11. Bryan wears a size 10. I think he is going to be taller than his dad!
* I am leading a bible study for Miah and two of her best friends. We are using Susan Hunt’s book and journal: Becoming a True Women: While I am Trying To Make It Through Middle School.
* It’s cold again. After 10 days of spring-like weather the snow and cold has returned. I am not sick of winter yet, so it was refreshing to me. I love a fresh layer of clean snow. I also love puzzles, cracking fires, apple cider, slippers, fuzzy blankets, and static in my hair. Okay, maybe not the last one, but I do love winter…until March 1.
* Romee had a check up at the eye doctor for what we thought was going to be the inevitable…glasses. She defied the Bleeker odds and escaped glasses for another 6 months. My other kids got their glasses in first grade. She might make it into second grade! The eye doctor said that she certainly doesn’t see 20/20, but not poorly enough that she needs glasses…yet. It was a huge relief for me, as I was not looking forward to forking out $200 for glasses. I had wrote a check at the orthodontist for $300 the day before.
* The girls came home from school today and got right to work on their homework. They know that tonight is a game night. Come 8 o’clock will will all be huddled around the TV cheering hard for our Cyclones. Big Monday is in Lawrence tonight. The Cyclones beat the Jayhawk in Ames and we are looking for the sweep tonight. They will be first in the conference if they can pull off a win. Cade is planning to make Chili soup and monkey bread. The monkey bread recipe is one from his FACS (Family and Consumer Science) cookbook. He loved that class!
* I am reading the book Age of Opportunity for the third time. Miah is reading The Underdogs, Willow is reading James and Giant Peach, Romee is reading a Hank and the Cow dog book, and Amirah is on a The Circus Ship kick right now. Bryan is reading Extravagant Grace and Cade is reading as little as possible.
* Amirah and I went to our first wresting meet with Jett and Heather on Monday night. Sioux Center was hosting the Siouxland Conference meet. The secretary at Cade’s school (who’s son is a VERY good wrestler) gave us a crash course on how the meet worked. It was so much fun and we learned a lot about a sport we know nothing about.
No comments:
Post a Comment