* Tuesday the kids had a late start. There was just enough perception and the temp got just cold enough to cause a thin layer of ice to form on the roads and sidewalks. It was also very foggy. Bryan turned all of the alarms off and Cade and I slept until 8. The little girls came rolling up about 8:45...all very delighted by the discovery of the late start. I made French breakfast puffs and we had a very relaxing morning at home. Cade even made a French breakfast puff delivery to our favorite middle school teacher.
* We are finishing our 5th 1,000 piece puzzle for the winter. When I say “we”, it really means Bryan and Miah, with a little help from Romee, Willow, and Cade. Amirah and I don’t love puzzles. In fact, we really don’t even like them.
* I brought meals to mommies with new babies this week. I always bring pork chops and mashed potatoes. I usually just oven bake the pork chops and do a mashed potato casserole, but I tried a new recipe this week and it was SO good. I made a few alterations to the recipe, like using the same pan that I browned the pork chops in for the sauce. I also didn’t use lemon or serve it with romaine. Any recipe with garlic, white wine, and whipping cream has to be a win! http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/pork-chops-mashed-potatoes
* The days are getting longer people! I went for a walk with Hazel at 6:00 p.m.and it was still plenty light outside! That makes me so happy.
* The kids didn’t have school on Friday. Bryan took the day off as well. They predicted the weather to be beautiful and so we planned for a trip to the Omaha zoo. It was such a fun day. We hadn’t been to the zoo in 5 years. We ended up buying a season pass. It would have cost $77.00 for the day, and for $99 you can buy a family season pass (which is good for one year from the date you purchase it). We couldn’t tear Amirah away from exhibits and we didn’t get to see everything, so it is a good thing we are planning to go back this spring and/or fall. We stopped in Sioux City on the way home and planned to eat at Old Chicago. After being told it would be a 45 minute wait for 7 we resorted to our old stand by, Red Robin.
* Grandma B made ollie bollen for us this weekend. We were at an ISU basketball game on New Year’s Eve when she traditionally makes them. Miah has a very special spot in her heart for ollie bollen and Grandma B knows that. She told Miah that she would make them for her sometime this winter. We decided that Valentines Day would be the perfect occasion. They are just so good.
* Roman and Merrick were baptized this weekend. I am still amazed by these little boys. Dave and Nikki found out this week that they are identical. They are looking more and more alike. They are filling out and starting to get rolls under their chins and in their arms. I really can’t get enough of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment