Well, look at this. I am back for a second addition of “Monday Musings”…
* My kids have been so incredibly healthy this year. Besides a your typical seasonal cold, we have been blessed with really good health so far. I have been very intentional about hand washing and making them drink lots of water, but other than that, nothing but their own immune system can account for the good health. I really shouldn’t have even said this.
* Miah got her bottom braces put on this week. I remember how quickly the top teeth moved in just a week or two. The bottom teeth are moving just as quickly. I looked at them on Sunday morning and noticed they are already aligning. It’s amazing what $5,500 can get you!
* Thursday we had a really fun “play date” with the kids that Cade and Miah are mentoring. The boys made pizza roll ups and we all snacked on those, while the girls baked a variety of cupcakes. We are getting together again this week to frost the cupcakes, and then we are going to package and deliver them to the residents in the assisted living for Valentines Day.
* Willow had a really good violin lesson this week. She was working on a piece that was very difficult. It changed key half way through the piece and she was struggling. It was the third week she had the piece and was very ready to go on. Mr. Vander Hart praised her for the progress she made and told her that it was almost flawless. I am telling you, that is high praise from Mr. Vander Hart! She was thrilled…until he turned the page and showed her the next piece. I am very proud of how hard she works at a very difficult instrument.
* We had a BIG day of volleyball and basketball on Saturday. We left the house at 7 a.m and returned home about 9:30 p.m. We watched volleyball in Inwood all morning and then went right to Cade’s tourney in Alcestor, SD. It turned out to be quite the day! One of the refs at Cade’s tournament suffered a massive heart attack at the tournament and had to be air lifted right from the parking lot of the school. Caden and his team witnessed the life saving procedures that were used (CPR and the use of the AED). The ref was a classmate of Bryan and had talked to Bryan just minutes before the episode happened. In the midst of all the chaos, Amirah had a mild panic attack. I had to leave and move my vehicle so the helicopter could safely land and Bryan left to check on all of the boys. While we were both gone, Miah told us she broke out in a cold sweat, became nauseas, and was having trouble breathing. By the time I got back Bryan had her in a hallway and was trying to talk her down. I felt SO sorry for her! We decided that she will not be pursuing a career in the medical field.
* On a more positive weekend note, Miah got to serve her first jump serves and Caden got his first 4-point play.
* Romee took this penguin home last week. They had to fill his belly with all the reasons they were special. This one made the “cut” and will be added to her Rubbermaid box! So sweet!
“I am special because I have hazel eyes. And I am special because I have blonde hair. I have a good heart for other people. And I’m made in God’s image. I’m special because I am a good little worker. God made me very well. When someone is sad I am sad. I try to help them. I (am) special because I am polite, and I am a good volleyball player. I am a good friend to other people. Most of all I am special just because God made me.” Romee 1st grade
1 comment:
Oh, Romee - You are SO special... but you forgot to write about the sprinkling of freckles across your nose and your infectious giggle and how you don't spit back at your little sister when she spits on you and how you nearly broke your mom's back in half when you were born! :) So many special little things to love about you.
Post a Comment