1. Monday Musings have turned into Weekly What’s Up. I don’t like Monday’s and pretty much try to avoid any productivity. Blogging is considered productive in my book. Thus, Weekly What’s Up.
2. We are getting packed and ready for another night in a hotel. Caden plays his last AAU tourney in Sioux Falls this weekend. This will be the last weekend Bryan gets to coach his boy. Bittersweet.
3. Miah got her yearly haircut last week. She got 5 inches cut off and you can still hardly tell she cut it. It was getting SO long.
4. The girls (Willow and Amirah) have birthday’s coming up next week. Amirah got an early gift from Grandma and Grandpa B. It was a pair of high-top tennis shoes she has been eyeing at Center Sports for a couple of months. She slept with them last night. They gave them to her early so she could wear them to the tournament this weekend. Amirah goes to practices with Bryan and Cade each week and also sits right next to Bryan on the bench at the games. She can’t wait to sport her new shoes this weekend.
5. It is cold here again. We were spoiled with several weeks of gorgeous weather and now 45 degrees feels really, really cold. We did get a beautiful rain on Monday or Tuesday. The grass is turning green and that makes me so happy. Green is good.
6. I made a pan of bars yesterday. It has been weeks since I have baked anything. I don’t love to bake, and besides Bryan, Miah, and myself nobody really eats baked goods, but I was in the mood for banana bars. So, I even made a special trip to the store for buttermilk. I made the bars in the afternoon and had the bars cooling on the counter top so I could frost them in the evening. We all left the house for about an hour last night and forgot that Hazel was sitting on her mat. Yeah, you can see where this story is going. The minute I walked in the door I knew she had been bad while we were away. She was sitting on her mat with a very sheepish look on her face. As soon as I discovered the 1/2 eaten pan bars, she very slowly (and willingly) helped herself to the door. She slinked all the way to the door with her tail between her legs and ears drooped down. She knew that the kennel was the best place for her.
7. Romee woke up yesterday with a fever. We had a nice run for flu season 2014-2015! She ran low-grade fever all day yesterday, but woke up this morning without one. She has a little cough too. She slept next to Bryan and I last night and didn’t cough all night, so the cough is mostly during the day. She tried to convince me to let her go to school today. She didn’t want to miss the Jr. High musical that they were going to see today.
8. Caden is about 1/2 way through Drivers Ed. He had had his first quizzes and tests this week. He is learning that although the SCCS district is doing standard’s based grading, the rest of the world isn’t! He was a little worried, because he wasn’t going to get a “re-take” if he needed one. I had to remind him that most of the world doesn’t think in terms of “re-takes”. I think I got an eye-roll.
9. I am going to my last PACE meeting next week. PACE is our Parent Board at the Sioux Center Christian School. I have served at Secretary for 3 years. I have loved my time serving and will be a little sad when it is over. I will still be on the committee for the basketball tourney in the spring, but my other duties will be done in April.
10. My mom and dad come home this weekend! They went as far as Albuquerque New Mexico last night. The Lord willing be home by Saturday. I think they missed us almost as much as we missed them. It will be so good to be all together again!
No comments:
Post a Comment