This week we celebrated our March girls. Willow turned 10 and Amirah 6. I love, love, this time of year! Because four out of my five babies were born in the spring, I associate this time of year with the earth turning green, warmer temps, spring rains, but especially with birthday celebrations! We try make birthday’s a big deal at our house. That doesn’t mean a perfectly decorated cake or even matching party décor, what it does mean, is that the day is all about you! We try to make the girls’ days as special as they are! Sunday was Willow’s actual birthday. We went to church in the morning and then had dinner at Mike and Amanda’s. Willow requested burgers for lunch.
The March girls and Grandpa Will
Neither Willow or Amirah are huge fans of birthday cake. It was pretty cute hearing them come to a decision on the dessert they were going to choose. Willow was lobbying for pie and Amirah really wanted ice cream sundaes. In the end, Cookie Bops (cookie ice cream sandwiches was the winner. I piped some frosting on the top of the birthday girls’ so we could stick a candle in them.
Tuesday was Amirah’s actual birthday. She got to celebrate at school with her friends and classmates. We also had a couple cousins over in the afternoon to play. We ended the day at the park having a picnic supper and playing in the park. She requested grilled hotdogs with meat and Snicker salad.
1 comment:
Nice to read some blogs from you again! It's the only way to keep up these days! I don't think I told you, but I am temporarily tutoring Cora Kock for 1 1/2 hours in the afternoons since she cannot go to school due to her asthma. So...I am giving up our Friday afternoon playgroup time for a while, but I truly feel called to to this and it doesn't take any time away from Silas since it happens during his nap time. :) We have 2 birthdays coming up too! Ezra's GOLDEN birthday on Tuesday and Silas' Choo Choo Si is Two party on April 25. So fun to have spring birthdays with my younger two since my other two are at Thanksgiving (Eli) and Christmas (Abe). I agree Spring birthdays are my favorite :) Hope we can catch up sometime soon! Miss you!
Post a Comment