The anticipation and excitement in the vehicle is something that can not be described with words. It isn’t something that can be captured with photos. It is only something that can be felt by every person, young and old, that has experienced the ride down Goldeneye Lane. Some would say that the vacation begins when you reach the destination. For those who have have a deep love for Evergreen Lodge and Big Sand Lake, Goldeneye Lane is part of the vacation.
As you drive among a sea of evergreen trees, the big white sign is indeed a welcomed sight.
After 6 hours in the car, even tired, restless, anxious bodies relax as the drive down the lane begins. Bumps, pot holes, and the rumble of washboard gravel greets you as if to say, “Hello, you have arrived.”
The car doors open and everyone steps foot into soft, sandy gravel. The smell of evergreen permeates the air. The sound of screen doors slamming and a little green tractor puttering behind the cabins confirms that vacation certainly has began!
1 comment:
I think I told you that Dan's family grew up vacationing at Blue Lake literally across the road until the resort was bought out by a private party. I went there 2 years - once when we were dating and then engaged (Their last time). These pics bring back memories walking through those pines with Dan during that golden years, and I still have the giant pinecones I collected in the trees there and prayed with pretty sparkle spray and used for our Christmas wedding :)
Post a Comment