Caden celebrated his 11th birthday with family and friends the week following his birthday. As he gets older, the birthday celebration with his friends become more and more important. Our family has adopted the rule that when you turn 10, you can start having "friend parties". I am not sure how we arrived at the magical number 10? Last year, we invited his whole class of boys. He only has 14 boys in his whole class, so I thought that was doable. Needless to say, I made him chose 5 boys this year! He had a very hard time choosing, but we finally came up with a guest list. I believe that we might have had the 5 nicest boys ever at our house that Friday night. They were polite, funny, considerate of each other, and truly seemed to enjoy each others company. I forgot to mention that they are also competitive. That was evident in the bowling!
Caden Micah, You are my favorite little boy in the whole world! Yes, I said little boy. Your feet are bigger than mine, we wear the same size t-shirt, and you will be taller than me very soon, but you are still my little boy! Days without you would not be much fun. You make me laugh and bring joy to a mundane day. You are honest. Some would say to a fault. I don't think so. Your honesty is sometimes misunderstood. Not by me.
When dad was trying to decide what passage to read for your birthday devotions, you told him to read something about Moses, because he is your favorite bible character. That seems so fitting that he would be your favorite. When I think of Moses, the word that comes to mind is leader. I have heard over and over from your teachers that you too are a natural born leader. Being a leader brings great opportunity, but also great responsibility. The passage dad chose was from Deuteronomy 31. This passage is about Moses commissioning Joshua, and all of Israel, to be strong and courageous as they continue on without him as their leader. He tells them to keeps the law close to them because without it, they will fall into evil. It is our prayer that you too Caden, will keep God's word close to you. We pray that God's word not only becomes a "guide", but that it permeates every part of your life! We love you and are excited to see what another year holds for you and our family.
" Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all our soul and with all our strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children . Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. " Deuteronomy 6: 5-7
No comments:
Post a Comment