background

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

In Romee's words

We were at Grandpa and Grandma B's house and overheard Romee asking Amirah if she wanted to play Honey Chex's. This is one of her favorite cereals, but I was not aware that they made that in the form of a game:) She went over to the game cupboard and pulled out the classic game of checkers. Later we heard her saying to Amirah, "Okay, now it is your turn to move your honey chex."

A couple of weeks ago I asked Romee if she wanted to help me pick rhubarb. We brought it back to the house and made a new recipe: Rhubarb Punch (which was really good and the kids are asking me to make it again). When the kids came home from school that day, she told them that we picked "scotcheroobarb" and made punch with it. The kids were confused, but I caught on right away. I didn't laugh, because she is embarrassed very easily. However, I will never eat another scotcheroo bar without thinking of Romee.

No comments: