background

Friday, June 10, 2011

We survived...

MAY! It looked a bit like this....

1. I completed my second triathlon! It was a beautiful day to swim, bike, and run. I was excited and surprised with my 18th place finished (among the women). Caden asked me just last night what place I finished and when I told him he said, "Mom, you stink. Try harder next year." He did say it with a smile on his face, but I know he wasn't impressed. Kids can humble you so quickly. I had so much fun again with my lovely teammates who just happen to be my favorite aunts, cousins, and sister. Can't wait till next year.
2. The same day of the triathlon Caden and Miah participated in the Hershey's track meet. They both made the finals in their races and had fun doing it. j3. K-4 Musical: Caden played one of the palace guards in the musical "Elijah God's Faithful Prophet".
4. Piano Recital: We went and did a private recital for "Grandma" Fritz in the afternoon the day of the recital. She has a hard time getting around, so we took the recital to her. Plus, it helped get the jitters out before performing in front of lots of friends and family. The kids each had two solo pieces. Caden did a duet with Ty, and Miah did a trio with Chl0e and Lissie.
5. Field Trip- I joined Caden on his field trip to Pipestone MN. We toured the Pipestone National Monument. I had never been there before, so it was a learning experience for me too. We were able to see how they quarry for red pipestone, get just a glimpse of the Native American culture, and enjoy God's beauty in creation. Willow had her picnic in the park that same day, so Bryan went as the room "mom" in my place. He was in charge of a game, and I heard that he did a great job!
6. Our last BSF: We made our final Monday night trip (for this year) to Sioux Falls. The study of Isaiah was such a blessing to our family. I am working on a separate post about this and I can't wait to share.

7. Mother's Day- My days are full of laughing, crying, whining, hugs, kisses, books, rocking, band aides, dirty dishes, laundry, diapers, spilled milk, games, fighting, love. They are full of love. I love being a mom.

8. The Herman's visit- We squeezed a lot of fun into 10 days: a tea party, a sleepover, a serious game of kickball, lots of baseball, a bike ride. Check out this caravan! We got a few stares on the bike trail.
The tea party guests
9. Bathroom remodel- huge mess. Period. Before and after pictures coming soon. As in, as SOON as it is finished.

10. Mom retires- One calls her "wife", six call her "mom", eleven call her "grandma", thousands have called her "teacher". God has blessed my mom with many gifts which she has used faithfully to serve thousands of kids for many years. I was talking to one of her co-workers just the other day and she said, "Your mom is one of a kind. She can not be replaced." I couldn't agree more. She is not "riding off into the sun set" in spite of what the pictures portray:) I have no doubt in my mind that she will continue to impact kids' lives for years to come. I am excited to see what God has in store for her retirement years.
At the conclusion of the Middle School assembly, they rolled out a red carpet for the retiring teachers.
Cody Franken escorted mom to the carriage

No comments: