background

Monday, November 7, 2011

Home Again Home Again

Ahhhhh.  It feels so good to be home.  When we walked in the door we were greeted with 5 shining faces.  We were smothered with hugs and kisses from all…even Cade!  When I was tucking him in the night we got home he said, “Mom, I really missed you.”  I think that he thought he wouldn’t.  It is good to know you are missed. 

Our last night in Vegas was spent walking downtown or Old Vegas on Fremont Street.  We found a Chinese/Thai Restaurant that was not much for atmosphere, but was highly recommended and got great reviews (according to the guys’ phones:)  It was really good.  We all got something different and shared.  I got my wish and got to go to Circus Circus.  You know how when you are a kid everything seems bigger, better, and more grand than it really is?  Well, that was the case here.  I am sure that everything in the motel/casino has not changed since I was there 25 years ago.  I am thinking that it is the bottom of the totem pole as far as hotels in Vegas go.  I am sure it was quite something in it’s day, but “dingy” is about the best word to describe it in the year 2011.  It was almost a culture shock having just stayed at the Wynn for 4 night.

We had a wonderful trip!  I didn’t realize how much I needed this trip, until it was over.  I am so grateful for the time that I had by myself to read, think, pray, and simply relax.  I am grateful for the time I had with Bryan to reconnect and just enjoy each other’s company.  I am also grateful for the friendship formed with two wonderful women:  Lois and Cipa.  We did lots of talking, eating, relaxing, shopping, and even navigating Las Vegas.  I am also so grateful for wonderful grandpa’s and grandma’s who gave of their time and energy selflessly.  We couldn’t have done it without them.  

DSC_0615

When we walked into the restaurant we noticed a scooter parked in the front entrance, among many other items:  a dead plant, several broken chairs, and a vending machine with nothing in it.  I was a bit concerned at this point.  Not one of the table clothes in the whole place matched, and each of us were served our meals on a different Corelle patterned plate.  In spite of the “randomness” of the restaurant, the food was awesome!  The little Chinese lady who served us was an absolute delight.  She treated us like we were in her home for the evening. 

DSC_0617DSC_0627

Notice the light out in the Circus Circus sign…makes me laugh…pretty typical of the whole hotel. 

DSC_0614DSC_0625DSC_0618

DSC_0621DSC_0622

People zip-lining the length of Fremont Street. It was maybe 7 blocks long. 

No comments: