Considering 24 hours after the pads and jersey were turned in, the basketball shoes were out, I thought I better get to this post before it was a distant memory. This kid doesn’t waste any time moving on to the next sport!![]()
This is the first year he has participated in any organized sport and he has loved every last minute of it. Bryan and I are so incredibly proud of this boy. Not because he was the best player on his team, because he was not. Not because he scored several touchdowns, because he did not. And not because he had hundreds of yards of rushing, because he didn’t do that either. In fact, I can not even think of any specific game changing plays he had, and I am sure he may have had few. What overshadows anything he did on the field, was what he did off the field. His team did not win a single game. Not one. Most games they lost by more than three touchdown. His team didn’t even score until the third game. Now, there is something that you have to know about this little boy. He is competitive! I always say he is a quiet competitor. He is not one of those annoying little boys who complains, argues, or even talks about it when he looses. It is just an inward burning that downright BUGS him. I know someone else just like him…and it’s not me. Game in and game out he would come of the field frustrated by the loss. But by the time we got to the suburban he would already be talking about the next game. It’s not that the loss didn’t bother him. It bothered him a lot! He was just able to let it “roll of his back” and look to the next game. I could learn a lesson from him. After every game we would ask him, “Are you still having fun?” Every time he answered with a resounding “Yes!” The thing about Cade is that he loves to win, but he love to play even more!
I told him that we couldn’t do all “mad face” ones, because football players are nice boys too. He was okay with that. I don’t know why they do that “mad face” anyway? They look so much cuter in those jerseys when they are smiling. Somehow I don’t think cute is what they are going for.
In Action
He most often started at the quarter back position. He usually played half the game at quarter back and then half the game on defense, as the defensive end or line backer.
His faithful cheering section! With his 4 sisters and all his girl cousins he might have more women cheering for him than some NFL players
1 comment:
COOL pictures Cade! Your mom is very talented and glad you had fun playing this year!
Post a Comment