Today is our last day in Vegas. Tomorrow at this time we will be waiting to board our plane. It has been a wonderful time, but it is time! Time to be home with my family. Time to breath the fresh air of the country. Time to pull my own drapes. Time to drink a glass of milk, and eat a meal where I am not guessing what might be in it. It is time to relieve the grandpa’s and grandma’s of the chaos of 5 kids. It is time!
Yesterday was another relaxing day for me, and meetings for Bryan. The ladies ventured off the strip to a nearby outlet mall. We had breakfast at Starbucks and lunch at Chipotle. We headed back to the hotel about 3:00 to get ready for the evening.
Last night Calix treated us to a Hootie & the Blowfish private concert. Hootie & the Blowfish has not done a concert in almost 3 years. Calix was able to get them here, because one of Calix’s sales rep’s used to play with them. Last night they pulled him out of the crowd to play a song with them. It was a really fun night and a great concert. Hootie & the Blowfish do a little of everything: country, jazz, blues, and rock, which I love! They played all of my old favorites: “Hold My Hand”, “Only Wanna Be With You”, “Let Her Cry” and some of their newer country music that I had never heard.
Before the concert we had a reception at the XS Nightclub, which was also reserved for only the Clalix people. It was a reception with cocktails and “heavy” hors d’oeuvers. If “heavy hors d’oeuvers” is stuffed salmon, three kinds of risotto, and endive salad, beef brisket and a creamed corn bread then I would like to eat heavy hors d’oeuvers every night. I took this next picture for my girls. Oh My Cupcake came to the party! Not really, but oh my there were cupcakes. I didn’t even try them all!
All ready for dinner and a concert!
After the concert we decided to head over the the Treasure Island hotel (right across the road from our). At 10:30 every evening they do a 20 minute show. It is outside the hotel and takes place on huge ships that are in a body of water outside the hotel. From what I gathered the female pirates and male pirates have a fight and the male pirates ship sinks. There was some dancing and singing and lots explosions and fireworks. At times I was a bit uncomfortable with the “dancing” and I certainly don’t need to see it again. At one point I turned to Bryan and said, “Can you imagine what your Dad would say about this?” We decided he would say, “Pretty lusty, pretty lusty.” And that is what it was.
After the show we came back to our hotel and shared a cup of coconut gelato by the waterfall. We splurged on the gelato. I had a hard time spending almost $6 on fancy ice cream, but we justified it by discussing how we haven’t paid for hardly any food or drink since we got here. The justification was totally worth it.
Today the guys get done at 4:30 and they have nothing planned after that. We are considering driving to the Hoover Damn right after the meetings. I have requested that we also drive down the strip to “Old Vegas” and go to Circus Circus. We stayed there when I was 7 when we were road tripping to California. I have very vague memories of Circus Circus, and would love to see it again. They do a circus show on the 1/2 hour that I would also like to see…that is one of the vague memories I have. Anybody have a “must-see” in Vegas? We have 24 hours….
2 comments:
Well on a whim today I checked your blog - wow, it's amazing how much you can post without little people hanging on your legs! :) You will probably soon be on your way, if not already. Praying for safe travels home, where little people I'm sure are anxiously waiting to hang on your legs again.
You know Fritz is going to give you a hard time about those quarters... :)
In and Out burger!!!!!!!
You will NOT regret it...promise!!
Post a Comment