background

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Vegas Day 1

We flew into Las Vegas on Monday about 6:30.  When we flew in there was still plenty of daylight.  I could see that Vegas was situated on a flat piece with mountains surrounding it.  From the plane it looked brown, dead, and not very impressive.  I could see the strip and that too looked like any other tourist city would look...lots of hotels, busy roads, and lots of people.  Our flights were all smooth "sailing".  We flew in a couple minutes early.  We picked up our luggage and got our rental car.  By the time we left the parking garage with our car, it was dark.  I quickly learned that Vegas in the day is very different that Vegas in the night.  As we were passing by hotel after hotel I was amazed.  The lights, the people, the glitz, the glamor.  Such a waste, but fascinating.  When we pulled up to the hotel I knew that we were not at our typical Country Inn and Suites or Hampton Inn.  We are staying at the Wynn Hotel http://www.wynnlasvegas.com.  It is a beautiful hotel!  I took some pictures of the room, but like everything here, pictures can’t really capture it.  The rooms are spacious and lush.  They are just like everything else in Vegas, over the top!  http://www.wynnlasvegas.com/rooms-suites.  When we got to the room, I played with the remote control drapes, the remote control lighting system, and checked out the mini bar which is also on a timer.  The containers “know” when they have been open for more than a minute and you are automatically charged a $25 restocking fee if you decided to partake…we are not!  We got cleaned up a bit and had to be at our first engagement by 8:30.  When I was told about the itinerary, this is what I was most excited about.  Calix reserved the Emeril Lagasse’s bar and grill for the night.  They treated us to anything on the menu!  I had to endure conversation about T-1’s, E7’s, Ethernet, VOIP, configuring ONT’s, and about plans to cut 750 customers over to something, but it was worth it.  The food was really good!  We finished our our food and “business” around 11:30 and walked back to the hotel.  We were all very tired and ready to fall into our beds.  DSC_0911art

We went back there the next morning to get a picture.  There were so many people crowding this entry the night before, I couldn’t have gotten a picture if I wanted to. 

Stay tuned for Day 2….

No comments: