background

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bleeker Tree 2011

We left the house at 10:00 o’clock on Saturday morning in hunt for the perfect tree.  We stopped for cappuccinos and hot cocoa on the way out of town.  We “blew” into the River View tree farm 45 minutes later.  It was cold and windy, and we picked our tree quickly, but memories were made and River View tree farm didn’t disappoint.  We have a beautiful, fragrant, tree to get us through the season and plenty of wonderful memories to last until our next visit.  Oh, how we love this tradition!  DSC_0827art

Last year we had a Frasier Fir and the kids thought it was perfect for hanging ornaments.  They were very tempted by a Colorado Blue Spruce this year, but it was a bit to “prickly” for our liking, so we went with the fir again.  DSC_0829art

If you think the kids are standing by the tree simply to document what Bleeker Tree 2011 looked like, you are wrong!  They were using it as wind break.  I am telling you, it was windy! 

DSC_0831art

As soon as the tree was selected and the cutting began, the girls opted for hot cider in the barn.  I didn’t blame them one bit.  I was pretty temped to join them.  However, as you can see from the following pictures, I was needed outside.  You know the saying, “The proof is in the pudding.”  I really never understood that saying.  So, I think it is better said, “The proof is in the pictures.”  Take a look at who did the real work in making Bleeker Tree 2011 possible! 

DSC_0834artDSC_0835art

He’s going to claim that the hardest part is getting it started, so I will give him that.  He did get it started, but as you can clearly see from the pictures I completed the job he couldn’t finish!  I love you Bubbs! 

DSC_0837art

DSC_0838art

Strapped on and ready for it’s ride home.  They boys did a wonderful job with the bungee cords and rope.  The tree didn’t budge in spite of the wind!  I have to admit I was worried.

1 comment:

Nikolyn said...

we had a very similar day, Becca....but Claire won and we left the beautiful frazier fur there and got some long-needle tree that she just loves.....and the ornaments keep falling off. sigh. Love your photos!